Amanda-Users

Re: R: Question about changing Tape Drive

2005-10-03 10:28:15
Subject: Re: R: Question about changing Tape Drive
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "Montagni, Giovanni" <gmontagni AT manord DOT com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:15:16 +0200
Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
This is the output of dd command:

[root@auriga root]# dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

That means that you have an empty tape.
Can you write to the tape and read it back at all???

I also tried to set blocksize to 0 (mt -t /dev/st0 setblk 0 or mt -t /dev/nst0
setblk 0) but nothing has changed...
The tape was on the beginning, as i can see with mt -t /dev/st0 status.
This means that the old drive stopped to write anything on tape? but amanda
report that the backup was executed correctly. In addiction, old drive can read
amanda label.