Amanda-Users

Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped

2005-10-02 21:17:23
Subject: Re: ACLs in inode #bla won't be dumped
From: David Leangen <dleangen AT canada DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:57:13 +0900

Thanks again for all your help. Comments inline.

Well, I guess I'm convinced to try out tar

Setting up tar was a snap, and there were no errors!

One more perhaps silly question, but just something I'd like to verify...

I assume that the tar program is run on the client machine, so that means I'll have to upgrade to the "ideal" version of tar on each client.

Is my assumption correct?

Our workaround was to use a GNU tar wrapper (2000+ lines of

 > finely crafted Perl) for LVM volumes that created a snapshot
>  > and backed that up.  We just ignored the access time problem
>  > for file systems not under LVM control.

Is something that is publicly available? If so, where could I
> find this?

Any info on this?

Thanks a lot!

Dave