Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda unable to use amrecover ssince dumptype change for a New Monthly back up as well as Daily.

2005-09-06 09:38:40
Subject: Re: Amanda unable to use amrecover ssince dumptype change for a New Monthly back up as well as Daily.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:22:20 -0400
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:28:25PM +0100, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator
wrote:
> Hi I have just recently included a monthly backup script whereby I was
> advised to amend the parameters of dumptype {
>                            recored no
>                            }
> Thus as default was set to yes I would cause amanda confusion.
> Also when I tried a amrecover exercise I am now unable to recover.
> Basically where previously I would be told what tape to put into the
> server after I set
> setdate yyyy-mm-dd as below I was told which tape to use "Not Now"
>
> I get Setting restore date to today But I want data from last Friday
> which as a exercise was backed up and today we deleted the data for the
> test but of cause I am unable to put the correct tape in. So if possible
> has anyone any ideas as the only thing I can think of is the parameter I
> changed.
>
> root@myserver:/ # amrecover -s myserver.smtl.co.uk -t
> myserver.smtl.co.uk

If I recall correctly your monthly backup used a new amanda config.

Did you tell amrecover to use that new config rather than your default?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)