Amanda-Users

dump larger than tape

2005-08-31 04:20:39
Subject: dump larger than tape
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:04:01 +0200 (CEST)
        Hi,

I just got this in my daily report from Amanda (2.4.5-1, Debian etch/testing):

| FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
|
|     [...]
|
|   <host>     <dle> lev 5 FAILED [dump larger than tape, -1 KB, skipping
incremental]

|     [...]
|
| DUMP SUMMARY:
|
|     [...]
|
| <host>     <dle>    5 FAILED
|
|     [...]

The funny thing is that this DLE is only about 5 GiB large (according to
du), while the tapetype length is 20000 mbytes.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Thx!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds