Amanda-Users

[OT] Tape drive failure

2005-08-23 11:04:26
Subject: [OT] Tape drive failure
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:50:21 -0400
So my sturdy HP Ultrium 1 (LTO) tape drive just ate a tape and bit the big
one 2 months after the warranty expired. They want $3,500 for a refurb with a
90-day warranty.

I've been wanting a rackmount unit for a while now, and this gives me a good
excuse to get one :-)

I was looking at the Certance (formerly Quantum) CL400H (1U, single drive
upgradable to dual drive). It looks like I can get it for about $2,200
(gotta love educational pricing).

Does anyone have any comments on this drive, or other recommendations?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Hyclak