Amanda-Users

selfcheck hangs when running amcheck

2005-08-23 04:01:31
Subject: selfcheck hangs when running amcheck
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:50:48 -0600
Hi all,

I just added a few more items to back up from a particular server (that has, up 'til now, been working fine), but running "amcheck" now causes "/usr/lib/amanda/selfcheck" to hang on the server in question. I see the following in the process listing:

16255 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/inetd
4951 ?        S      0:00  \_ amandad
4952 ?        S      0:00      \_ /usr/lib/amanda/selfcheck
4953 ?        Z      0:00      \_ [amandad] <defunct>

But it never finishes and I have to kill -9 selfcheck to get it to die.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
(306) 955-7075 ext. 485

My views are not the views of my employers.