Amanda-Users

Enterprise: Backup to tape

2005-08-17 11:22:43
Subject: Enterprise: Backup to tape
From: "Seth Rothenberg" <SROTHENB AT montefiore DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:06:43 -0400
Can anyone point me to information (especially if it is in a FAQ)
We presently use Amanda to back up 60 disks on 11 servers,
distributed across 34 virtual hostnames.

Meanwhile, I have a colleague who shopping for an
enterprise Central-backup-to-disk solution....and
they are apparently willing to hear a "bid" from Amanda (Inc.:-)

I would like to hear from people backing up
enterprises that have hundreds of servers,
5,000 PC's, several SANs, Disaster Recovery, etc.

The plan is to backup to SAN nightly, archive to SATA disk in 2nd data
center,
and copy to tape for offsite storage.

Thanks
Seth