Amanda-Users

sendsize - smbclient du

2005-08-01 14:51:57
Subject: sendsize - smbclient du
From: Jonathan Swaby <jfs10 AT bnext.stucen.gatech DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org (amanda backup)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
I have amanda 2.4.5 install on a FC4 machine. I plan to use this machine to
backup several Windows 2K and XP machines. It is replacing a machine that is
running amanda 2.4.4 running on FC2.

The new machine has smbclient 3.0.14a-2, while the old has 3.0.10-1.fc2. I have
not been able to get the new machine to backup a windows machine yet. It seems
to hang while getting the estimates. So, I tried to issue the du command from
the smb prompt after I connected to a share. du seems to take forever. After 10
minutes, it has not timed out.

I searched the samba site and google for issues with du in the smbclient, and
found nothing. Have others run into this problem? Clearly, it is not and amanda
issue, but I thought this group might be able to provide some useful
information.

I built amanda from source, but I installed samba from rpm.

Thanks