Amanda-Users

Re: Question about recovering files

2005-07-28 09:29:00
Subject: Re: Question about recovering files
From: Mike Brown <mbrown AT cyc DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:17:05 -0500
Not sure. I always just save recovered files to a non-production directory and then cp what I want to the actual restore location. It's a little extra work, but it makes me feel more comfortable.

Sebastian Kösters wrote:
Hi,

i have a question about recovering files.

Bevore amanda recovers my files it delets all the files that are in the
directory where i want to have the Backup recovered in.
Is it possible to tell Amanda no to do that? I only want to overwrite files
(the files which get recovered) und keep the other files.
Thanks fort he Help!

Sebastian