Amanda-Users

Re: amande question -- sorry for this personal email

2005-07-25 09:43:28
Subject: Re: amande question -- sorry for this personal email
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: shaiay <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:20:05 -0400
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:37:04AM -0000, shaiay <shaia AT phys.huji.ac DOT il>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sorry I'm sending this email to you directly and not to the list.
> For some reason my emails to the list have been disapearing (i.e. not
> apearing on the list and not bouncing).

Contact the "postmaster AT amanda DOT org"

> So I would be glad if you can
> forward my question to the list.
>
> Question:
>
> How do I find out what's going to be backed up in the next dump (i.e
> what levels)? Is there some way or do I have to wait and see ?

It is dynamic, i.e., there is not an absolute list of what
levels will be backed up as several factors at the time of
the dump may influence amanda's choice.

You can get some idea from amadmin's "due" command and you can
probably pick out a historical pattern from the amoverview command.

> Thanks,
> Shai
>
> p.s. please reply to my email (shaia AT biocontrol.co DOT il) as well since
> I'm not currently subscribed to the list

Perhaps you should subscribe.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)