Amanda-Users

Re: DellT PowerVaultT 122T LTO-2

2005-07-04 11:10:21
Subject: Re: DellT PowerVaultT 122T LTO-2
From: David Howard <David_Howard AT or.mxim DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 07:42:16 -0700
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 at 2:50pm, Kaushal Shriyan wrote

I have Dellâ"¢ PowerVaultâ"¢ 122T LTO-2 tape drive with autoloader,
Now
I have 5 tapes loaded in the Tape Drive,

No -- you have 5 tapes in the loader.

Now when I give the below command
#mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
/dev/nst0: No medium found
mt: The device is offline (not powered on, no tape ?).
#

Please advice and guide me.

Err, was there a tape in the drive?  I'm guessing there wasn't.  You
need to use 'mtx' to manipulate the loader. 'mt' just deals with the tape drive itself.

And just to make it fun, RedHat Enterprise 3.0 does not come with MTX by default.... you will have to download and install it first.