Amanda-Users

Re: firewall/nat issues

2005-06-28 15:59:27
Subject: Re: firewall/nat issues
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT rfa DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:46:12 -0500
--On Tuesday, June 28, 2005 15:09:42 -0400 Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT
rfa DOT org> wrote:
> As far as I can figure out there isn't a way for me to prevent the
> source port from being masqueraded using ipchains. Please correct me if
> I am wrong.

It's been so long since I used ipchains I couldn't say for sure.

One possible interim workaround for you until you get your firewall
issues resolved:
  Use rsync to keep a copy of the remote DLE's on an internal
server (rsync can even use exclude files), and then use Amanda
to back up the local copy.
  This method also works well for remote machines on low bandwidth
links, since rsync is just doing incremental changes, so your level
0's don't have to drag all the data over a slow link each time it
runs.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673