Amanda-Users

Re: Simple backup tape encryption

2005-06-27 16:13:10
Subject: Re: Simple backup tape encryption
From: Derek Price <derek AT ximbiot DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:56:33 -0400
Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> Update:
>
> amrecover works now as well, indexes are generated and read properly.
> The vtapes are encrypted AND (more important) decrypted now, works
> fine so far.
>
> I am going to add some more DLEs from some unpatched AMANDA-clients now
> to see what happens ...

Was amrecover broken for vtapes in general or only encrypted vtapes?  I
have a vtape setup here but when I try to recover I get the following
message from amrecover:

Extracting files using tape drive file:/l/slots/ on host localhost.
Load tape Ximbiot7 now
Continue [?/Y/n/t]? y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on localhost.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n]?

I also tried using amtape to load the correct "tape" before running
amrecover with the same results. This is not covered in the
HOWTO-FILE-DRIVER distributed with Amanda 2.4.4p3. Am I doing something
wrong?   I can't even find an amidxtaped.debug file.

Thanks,

Derek