Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA+Samba setup...

2005-06-24 09:58:26
Subject: Re: AMANDA+Samba setup...
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: boztr0n <boztr0n AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:51:13 +0200
boztr0n wrote:
selfcheck: time 0.000: checking disk //rockwell/docs
selfcheck: time 0.000: spawning /usr/bin/smbclient in pipeline
selfcheck: argument list: smbclient \\rockwell\docs -U backup -E -W
NETSETGOODS -c quit
selfcheck: time 0.311: samba access error: //rockwell/docs: Error
connecting to 192.168.1.166 (Permission denied): Connection to
rockwell failed: returned 1

This is sort of funny because when I try and execute the smbclient
command wit the same exact parameters from a shell while logged in as
amanda the command executes without error.

My first reaction would be that there is still a difference
with what you type and with what you think amanda does.

What is also strange is your statement just before the above
paragraph:

When I take a look at the Amanda logs in /var here is what I see:

because the logs that contain the above lines is in /tmp/amanda/
unless you make special arrangements during compilation of the
client programs.

Yes, I have /etc/amandapass setup correc

Obvious question:  the /etc/amandapass is createdon the right
computer, i.e. the server executing smbclient, that does not
necessarily is the amandaserver itself.

I've managed to google one fellow
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-February/080145.html) who
has had this problem but his suggestion (turn off "simple file
sharing" and the windoze firewall in XP) did not help.

Maybe set debugging level on samba very high somehow (e.g.
by replacing smblient with a wrapper like:

  exec /usr/bin/smbclient-real -d 9  ${1+"$@"}

(assuming you rename the real smbclient to smbclient-real before).
And hope some lights shines through in the debugging output???

* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *