Amanda-Users

Tape Library Recommendations

2005-06-23 14:38:55
Subject: Tape Library Recommendations
From: "James Marcinek" <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:17:26 -0000
Hello Everyone,

I've been supporting Amanda for a customer for about a year now. I currently
have only used a single tape device as the client was leary about leaving any
media onsite as well as the fact that it would require more involvment than just
switching out tapes as most are not too technical.

The current environment consists of 3 linux server which mainly consists of file
servers.

I am looking recommendations for a tape library device that works well with
amanda. Right now the client is using 8mm tapes, so I'd be interested in other
feedback in regards to other types of media (LTO, DLT, etc.) and pros and cons
of each.

If anyone has any links where I can get equipment for a reasonable cost I'd be
interested in those too!

Thanks,

James