Amanda-Users

Re: [dump larger than tape, 2866960 KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]

2005-06-17 01:12:19
Subject: Re: [dump larger than tape, 2866960 KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:56:16 +0300
Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:

#disklist file
#server.domain.co.uk / comp-root-tar #Thought I was using tar.

and I get the above error.

Whats the best to tackle this still using DSS-4 150mm DAT tapes.
and how to cannot incremental dump new disk as above error.

Thus can I change from dump to tar

I think you already are using tar, if you haven't modified the comp-root-tar dumptype yourself. Amanda still refers to the process of backing up and resulting image as 'dump', she won't say 'tar larger than tape' when you're using tar :-)

---
... Coffee -- n., a person who is coughed upon.