Amanda-Users

Re: Planner timeout problem

2005-06-15 16:09:26
Subject: Re: Planner timeout problem
From: Aazevedo <aazevedo AT predialnet.com DOT br>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:46:15 -0300
--------- Mensagem Original --------
De: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Para: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Assunto: Re: Planner timeout problem
Data: 10/06/05 19:39

> I'd be willing to be that there is a firewall running on matriz. amcheck
can
> usually pass a firewall where amdump will fail. Check on that and look
into
> the ip_conntrack_amanda iptables module (assuming matriz runs linux).
>
> Matt

Problem solved. I was not a firewall problem. The problem was that there
were too many entries on the disklist for that host. So the request wasn't
fitting an UDP packet. This problem is described in Amanda Faq-O-Matic:

http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/9.html

Anyway, thanks for the firewall tip.

André