Amanda-Users

Re: Using 10 tapes for fortnightly DailySet backup scheme and for a Monthly Config 12 tapes.

2005-06-15 10:06:52
Subject: Re: Using 10 tapes for fortnightly DailySet backup scheme and for a Monthly Config 12 tapes.
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:55:36 +0100
Chuck

on closer thought

dumpcycle will need to be zero

as the config assumes one run per day - ie the dumopcycle is really per invocation of this config, and doesn't count actual days

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:
Hi again

If I run a Monthly config
#'sudo -u amanda crontab -e
# Backup check running amcheck at 4.30pm on the 2nd day of each and
every month.
30 16 2 1-12 * /usr/sbin/amcheck MonthlySet1

Thus use 12 DSS-4 DAT Tapes and set the Monthly amanda.conf as below

dumpcycle 4 weeks       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 1          # One run per month
tapecycle 12 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation 12 per Year.

Would these be better
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 17:50 +0100, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator