Amanda-Users

Re: amtape update: reading label: Input/output error

2005-06-13 16:41:18
Subject: Re: amtape update: reading label: Input/output error
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:30:15 -0400
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:32:28PM +0200, Christian Gueder wrote:
> hi
>
> we installed amanda on our debian sarge server to backup it's data on a
> sony lib-81 ait2-tape-library.
>
> as changer script, we use the well documented chg-zd-mtx script.
>
> all configurations are stored in /etc/amanda/neurochirurgie, where we
> also put the chg-zd-mtx script with it's chg-zd-mtx.conf configuration
> data.
>
> so far everything worked well, but now, as we would like to update the
> barcode database (like descripted in chg-zd-mtx), we receive the
> following output:

   ... snip ...

> we didn't label the tapes with amlabel. we just put the stickers which
> came with the library on the tapes. could this be the error?

Like Gene, I've not used barcodes.

But I don't think it is an either/or situation,
amlabel or barcodes.  Instead I think barcodes
are used to enhance the access of the slot
containing the amlabeled tapes.  So I think you
must use amlabel, then barcodes are an option.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)