Amanda-Users

handling off-site tape storage

2005-06-06 23:33:40
Subject: handling off-site tape storage
From: "Keenan, Greg John (Greg)** CTR **" <gjkeenan AT lucent DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:13:57 +1000
Hi,

I'm curious how admins out there handle the off-site storage situation.  The
requirement here is that full weekly backups are stored off-site for 4
weeks, full monthly backups for 6 months etc.

Obviously letting Amanda decide when level 0 should be done on a DLE doesn't
give you a bunch of tapes on Friday with all DLE's level 0.

The previous admin forced the situation with the amadmin force option.  Is
this the best way?  Is there another way?  I'm happy to try and change the
full-friday mindset here if there is a better solution.

Appreciate any insight.

Regards,
Greg.