Amanda-Users

Re: What will i do if a backup is not successfull?

2005-06-03 22:55:03
Subject: Re: What will i do if a backup is not successfull?
From: Ryan Pagquil <rpagquil AT philonline DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:36:47 +0800
Paul Bijnens wrote:

Ryan Pagquil wrote:

2005/6/3, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:

man amdump shows:

 SYNOPSIS
    amdump config [ host [ disk ]* ]*

Hi guys,
The scenario is this, one night one of the servers to be backed up hanged and it will not be dump by amanda, but all of the other servers are successfully dump. In the morning i want that server to be backed up so that all of my backups are synchronize, meaning no servers are left behind the backup schedule. Can I do this? and how can I deal with this kind of scenario?

Execute by hand:

    amdump Config the.fixed.server

You may insert a tape, if you like.  But setting "reserve" less than
100%, and a large enough holdingdisk, you may dump to holdingdisk only,
and with the "autoflush" parameter in amanda, write it to tape, the
next run together with the rest.

Hi Paul,
I may use a new tape or one tape on rotation (eg. the next tape on rotation) right? Once i've done this, will amanda also recognize what tape i put the dumps from that single server? But when i use the holdingdisk to store the dumps (in your suggestion), the dump(for that failed server) will be flushed on to tape on the next run of amanda including the regular dump for that server scheduled for that run?

Thanks,

--
Ryan Pagquil
Infodyne Inc. - PhilOnline.com