Amanda-Users

amanda on RedHat ES 3 backup on HDD

2005-05-29 15:06:22
Subject: amanda on RedHat ES 3 backup on HDD
From: Gentian Hila <genti.tech AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:50:53 -0400
It it my first time trying to use AMANDA for backup. I went ahead and
read the chapter on amanda from the book Backup and recovery in Unix,
but it seemed to me very complicated.

I have a RedHat ES 3 system and I am using an external usb HDD to
backup the whole system. I want to do a full backup once a week and
incremental backups every other day of the week.

I installed rpm amanda 2.4 ( Might look for 2.5 if it is as an rpm
outthere yet).

I am looking for some short manual (not too complicated and with all
of the options) on how to configure amanda to do backups on Hard drive
.

Does somebody know something like that ? Thanks a lot for the help