Amanda-Users

Re: your mail

2005-05-22 10:42:07
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:16:17 -0400
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 09:53:14AM -0300, vlpg enlightened us:
> I would like to know what port the client is listening for the server amanda.
> Because I have open the firewall for the client at the port 10080, but it
> isn't working.

Initially it does listen on 10080, but then opens up other connections. Read
PORT.USAGE (or portusage.txt in 2.4.5) for more details. If you are using an
iptables firewall, you can likely get by with inserting the
ip_conntrack_amanda module. See my post from the last week or so regarding
that.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak