Amanda-Users

Re: ERROR: new tape not found in rack

2005-05-17 17:36:48
Subject: Re: ERROR: new tape not found in rack
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:28:19 -0500
--On Tuesday, May 17, 2005 16:10:16 -0500 Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT
com> wrote:

> I was deleting old amanda installs that I'd inherited. I accidently deleted
> part of the current installation. I was able to untar the file again and
> reconfigure it. I had the configuration files in a tarball, so I just had to
> untar that to get pretty
> much back to normal. I edited the tapelist to make sure the should-be-current
> tape was the last one listed: I moved to the top of the file and zeroed out
> the dates on the entries for tapes that had been used since the tarball was
> made. I then ran
> amcheck again, and now I am getting:
>
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> -----------------------------
> Holding disk /var/spool/amanda: 36514724 KB disk space available, that's
> plenty
> amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20050415 label Server01-0034 (active tape)
> amcheck-server: slot 2: date 20050415 label Server01-0035 (active tape)
> ERROR: new tape not found in rack
>        (expecting a new tape)
> NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
> Server check took 0.716 seconds
>
> How do I get it to restart at tape Server01-0034 ?

Amanda still thinks it is in use.  Actually, it thinks all your tapes are in
use and
is asking for a new tape.  Does your tapelist still contain as many tapes as
your tapecycle?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673