Amanda-Users

Amanda exclusion: is amanda (gnutar) able to differentiate between direcoty and file names ?

2005-05-15 19:31:29
Subject: Amanda exclusion: is amanda (gnutar) able to differentiate between direcoty and file names ?
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:12:39 -0400
Hi,

I want to exclude some directories (and subdirs) from amanda.
Unfortunately, under other subdirs, I may have files that have the
same name pattern of the directories i'm trying to exclude.

Ex:

I want to exclude all "oradata" directories:

I have the following directory tree and files:

mount_point

------some_dir
------oradata
------some other dir
|            file diskx_oradata_tbs.dbf
|            file abc_oradata_idx.dbf

I want to exclude from the backup, the "oradata" directory, but NOT
the files that contain oradata in their name.

Is there a way to tell amanda to exclude only files, or only
directories based on a pattern ?

Thanks