Amanda-Users

Request for enhancement - Auto dle

2005-05-13 13:50:26
Subject: Request for enhancement - Auto dle
From: Chris Lee <cslee-list AT cybericom.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:20:33 +0100
It would be great if we could tell amanda that all subdirectories of a specific root were to be treated as individual disk list entries. i.e. balance all sub directories across backups.

This would help in cases like my home system where I have a few user directories. These are mostly static in size (grow slowly), on occasion I add another home directory, for a guest or friend; updating the disk lists each time is a pain and I often forget, so stuff gets left out of the backup. These directories hold most of my data so splitting them up for amanda to balance across backups is very useful. As I want them all treated the same one entry referring to them all would be great.

for example this:
server users[] /home/* {
     tarz
     exclude "./media"
 }

equates to this:
server users-0 /home/user1 {
     tarz
 }
server users-1 /home/user2 {
     tarz
 }
server users-2 /home/user3 {
     tarz
 }
server users-3 /home/user4 {
     tarz
 }

and when I add user5 dir it automatically adds:
server users-4 /home/user5 {
     tarz
 }

Regards