Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of the backup machine

2005-05-10 09:13:33
Subject: Re: Backup of the backup machine
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:58:57 -0400
On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:16:11PM +0100, Jens Theisen wrote:
> I want to have one of the disks in the disklist be on the server that
> does the backup. However, I can't get amandad (or anything else) running
> with xinet.d on the amanda service. My guess would be that it's really a
> conflict between the client and the server running on the same machine,
> both taking the same port out of /etc/services.
>
> Is there a way around this?

If it is a "standard" install - whatever that means :)
then your described arrangement is so common I'd call it the norm.
Server backs itself up - by amanda definition, the same host is
also a client.

I'd look elsewhere than client/server conflict - unless you've
made changes to the normal setup.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)