Amanda-Users

WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2005-05-09 09:02:07
Subject: WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:41:12 +0100
Hi I added the files amanda and amandaix to /etc/xinetd.d
enable running chkconfig -s xinetd 345 and rebooted.

server:~ # netstat -a | grep -i amanda
tcp        0      0 *:amandaidx             *:*
LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*
server:~ # lsof | grep amanda
xinetd    5774     root    5u  IPv4       8186                UDP
*:amanda
xinetd    5774     root    8u  IPv4       8188                TCP
*:amandaidx (LISTEN)
server:~ #

Also in /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts I have my client

#localhost amanda
server.domain.co.uk /etc comp-root-tar

But I still get WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed
out.  Host down?

Any Ideas relating to my Client being down.
--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.