Amanda-Users

Re: running commands on client [Scanned by ClamAV]

2005-04-15 23:10:53
Subject: Re: running commands on client [Scanned by ClamAV]
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: Mike <miket AT silvercrk DOT com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:56:01 +0200

This is a short howto :

many thanks to Paul Bijnens (also on this list), he is the one that put me
on the right track in implementing this solution.

HTH

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be

|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Mike <miket AT silvercrk DOT com>|

|                             |                                           |
|   Sent by:                  |                                         To|
|   owner-amanda-users@amanda.|                                          a|
|   org                       |                                          m|
|                             |                                          a|
|   04/15/2005 09:23 PM       |                                          n|
|                             |                                          d|
|                             |                                          a|
|                             |                                          -|
|                             |                                          u|
|                             |                                          s|
|                             |                                          e|
|                             |                                          r|
|                             |                                          s|
|                             |                                          @|
|                             |                                          a|
|                             |                                          m|
|                             |                                          a|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          d|
|                             |                                          a|
|                             |                                          .|
|                             |                                          o|
|                             |                                          r|
|                             |                                          g|
|                             |                                         cc|
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|                             |                                          r|
|                             |                                          u|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          i|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          g|
|                             |                                          c|
|                             |                                          o|
|                             |                                          m|
|                             |                                          m|
|                             |                                          a|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          d|
|                             |                                          s|
|                             |                                          o|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          c|
|                             |                                          l|
|                             |                                          i|
|                             |                                          e|
|                             |                                          n|
|                             |                                          t|
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |

I have looked around and cannot seem to locate an answer, so forgive me
if it has been discussed to death.

I need to be able to do a

/usr/bin/mysql -e"flush tables with read lock;"

on the remote amanda client before I do a backup, and unlock it when I
am done.  Other than just making a guess about when to start and end and
using a cron job, is there a way to make amanda issue the commands I need.

(See attached file: amanda.txt)