Amanda-Users

Re: amandahostsauth failed

2005-04-02 17:16:12
Subject: Re: amandahostsauth failed
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: vlpg <vlpg AT terra.com DOT br>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:12:25 -0600
--On Saturday, April 02, 2005 18:52:28 -0300 vlpg <vlpg AT terra.com DOT br>
wrote:

> Thank You. The backup is working...
> but when I try to restore it, it isn't working...
>
> foghorn:~#amrecover
> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on localhost ...
> 220 foghorn AMANDA index server (2.4.4p3) ready.
> 500 Access not allowed: [access as backup not allowed from
> [email protected]] amandahostsauth failed
>
> Do someone have some hint ?

First, don't use 'localhost' in your disklist or anywhere else, it will
cause problems later (see the list archives for full discussions of why).

Second, on the Amanda server (which could also be a client) you need to
add a line to your .amandahosts file for each client to allow root to
restore from that client:

client.domain   root

If you really need to restore the backup you just made, using locahost
would work if the client is also the server, but is NOT recommended.
localhost won't work if the client is on a different machine, or if
someday you change servers.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com