Amanda-Users

Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports

2005-03-03 12:05:44
Subject: Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:27:48 +0100

1) In your amanda.conf, have a line like this :

mailto "youremail@ddress"

2) amreport has a -f switch that takes as an argument a filename, that's where the report will be saved to;
I believe it's an OR situation : or you get a mail, or the report gets saved to a file

In the job that runs amanda, you could have this amreport -f  ; then you'll get them both.

Kind regards,

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office

Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel

Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be

Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

03/03/2005 17:20
Please respond to
Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com>

amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
cc
Subject
Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports

Hi all,
I can't find any documentation on this, but if I'm just missing
something, please point me in the right direction, and I'm sorry for
wasting everyone's time.

2 questions: First, where can I specify who amanda sends emails to,
and who they appear to be from? After a backup it emails
[email protected], and I'd like to change this.

Second, is there a way to have Amanda log its reports to a file
instead of (or in addition to) emailing them?

Thanks!