Amanda-Users

Amanda and Qualstar lib with AIT-3

2005-01-27 13:39:00
Subject: Amanda and Qualstar lib with AIT-3
From: Franz-Heinrich Massmann <fhm AT gfz-potsdam DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:32:42 +0100
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

In July 1999 we bought a Qualstar lib TLS-4220 with one AIT-2 Tape
Drive LVD. Until mid of last year we have operated this lib successfully
on a Solaris 7 platform with the Legato Networker 5.5 software.

Last year we have updated the system from AIT-2 to AIT-3 by exchanging
the tape drive, the Executive PCBA and the Drive Bay PCB. Unfortunately
our networker version cannot handle AIT-3 tape drives. As the costs to
upgrade the Networker software are quite high, we tried to run the AMANDA
software. But we still have problems in making the system working again.

Therefore my questions:
- Does somebody have experience with the lib running with Amanda?
- Is it correct that we should see two SCSI devices when commanding
  scsi-prob-all from the server which is connected to the lib?
  We only see one device.
- Is there anything special, we have to take care off additionally?

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely yours
Franz-Heinrich Massmann