Amanda-Users

Re: barcode reader help (and faq-o-matic-toast?)

2005-01-14 12:00:52
Subject: Re: barcode reader help (and faq-o-matic-toast?)
From: Will Lowe <harpo AT thebackrow DOT net>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:39:24 -0800
> To get your barcode reader working, install mtx.

Hmm, and use which changer script?  chg-zd-mtx?  I've got barcodes set
up and mtx seems to find them:

Storage Changer /dev/sg1:1 Drives, 23 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 7 Loaded):VolumeTag = 000007
    Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=000001

but the barcodes file I told it to make is empty even after an "amtape
update" run.

--
                                        thanks,

                                        Will