Amanda-Users

Re: IPTables Rules for amanda.

2005-01-08 07:41:19
Subject: Re: IPTables Rules for amanda.
From: "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikep AT mikeathome DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 07:18:26 -0500
Thanks for the reply Frank.

Frank Smith wrote:

Do you have a rule allowing 'related' traffic?  If not, the
return connection won't be accepted.

Yes I do.....

Also, on a range of kernel versions, the Amanda conntrack module
was broken, causing the problem you see.  It was supposed to have
been fixed at one point and then possibly broken again.

Well that's good to know. I will look into this to see what versions. This would be my preffered method.

if that is too big a
hole to open, recompile Amanda with the udpportrange and
tcpportrange options to limit the open ports used.  Check
docs/PORT.USAGE for details.

I had read the Online Manual at amanda.org and that part of it (Firewall & NAT section) is pretty thin.
It would be nice to simply have the port ranges defined in amanda.conf.

Right now I have a rpm installed. I will try and download the SRPM and see if I can't simply add the option to the SPEC file. I prefer to keep rpm's than source trees around. Makes for easier administration.

Cheers,
Mike