Amanda-Users

Re: How to restore correct ownerships?

2004-11-21 20:18:22
Subject: Re: How to restore correct ownerships?
From: Thorsten Bremer <lists-read AT thoddi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 02:05:16 +0100
Moin Paul,

>> I just needed to restore some deleted files via amrecover and it works
>> well. But I noticed that the files will be restored with the ownership
>> "backup:backup" instead of the original "thoddi:users".

> You should restore as user "root", not as user "backup".

Well, why this? Another one on this list told me that all
Amanda-operations should NOT be done as root, but as the backup-user.

After adding extra root-entries to the amndahosts, it now works,
thanks. But I don't understand why I have to backup as "backup" and
must restore as "root"...

--
Bis denne,
            Thoddi