Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: Level 0 backup (common?)

2004-11-19 15:34:46
Subject: Re: Fwd: Level 0 backup (common?)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior <jpejunior AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:30:56 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 at 5:48pm, Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote

> Hello there.
> I just installed and configured an amanda server, and my first TAR
> dumps are returning:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   <my host>     </my/sub/directory> lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to
> incremental dump]
>
> I get this error even when forcing a level 0...

It's telling you that it can't do a level 0 dump for some reason (which
you'd have to include the rest of the report for us to figure out, and it
can't switch to a lower level because it hasn't ever done a level 0 of
that fs.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering