Amanda-Users

Re: Got a bug, what can I do?

2004-11-17 18:18:31
Subject: Re: Got a bug, what can I do?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:08:13 -0500
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 16:56, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hi, Gene,
>
>on Mittwoch, 17. November 2004 at 22:01 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
>GH> I didn't test the 1116 snapshot after reading the ChangeLog, but
>GH> re-installed the 2.4.5b1-20041110 snapshot, and the amrestore
> problem GH> is gone.  This goes to prove the when you run bleeding
> edge stuff GH> marked as beta, you are going to bleed occasionally.
>
>No need to say then that it would be interesting to check this
>behavior with 2.4.4p4.

Chuckle, maybe.  But then I tend to stay a little closer to the quick.

>GH> Jean-Louis has been notified.
>
>He is the one to notify, yes  ;-)
>Glad you're up again.

While I'm posting to this relatively quiet list, those who tend to
treat linux as a community thing, should go read the /. story about
Slackwares Patrick Volkerding, who has been a linux promoter and
distro maker since back around day 1 of this thing called linux.
Scarey stuff.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: