Amanda-Users

Is there any problem with filesystem ext3

2004-11-16 16:48:34
Subject: Is there any problem with filesystem ext3
From: Sören Edzen <soren AT edzen DOT org>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:36:40 +0100
Hi!

I can make backups of /etc and /usr/local/cvsroot but when I try to
make backups of katalogs in my home-dir it doesn't work. I get the
following when I run amcheck:

[snip]
ERROR: zampo: [could not access /usr/home/soredz/Mail
(/usr/home/soredz/Mail): No such file or +directory]
[/snip]

One difference I can see is that both /etc and /usr is in a reiserfs
file system but /home is in a ext3 file system. Could this be the
cause of this error? If not, what could then be the cause.
I'd really appreciate helぽ on this matter.

TIA

--
Sören Edzen, Sweden