Amanda-Users

Issue with chg-scsi & config file

2004-11-15 01:28:53
Subject: Issue with chg-scsi & config file
From: Nick Danger <nick AT hackermonkey DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:38:05 -0500
I am running Fedora Core 1 on this server and have installed the RPMs for amanda, amanda-server and amanda-client. I have configured amanda.conf and chg-scsi.conf, but still I get a weird error when trying to use my library.

The issue is that mtx works fine, giving me an inventory. But chg-scsi gives an error (see below) and amtape (and amlable) also gives an error. I am cd'd to /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/ when running the commands so both the amanda.conf and the chg-scsi.conf files are available.

Any suggestions? How do I go about finding the issue?

Thanks
-Nick

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
 Storage Changer /dev/sg0:2 Drives, 31 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
Data Transfer Element 1:Empty
     Storage Element 1:Full
     Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=EX1060
     Storage Element 3:Full :VolumeTag=SF4069
     Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=EX1189
<snip rest>

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/sbin/amtape dslnet-hrn show
amtape: could not get changer info: check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi
-bash-2.05b$ /usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi -info
please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi
-bash-2.05b$ /usr/sbin/amlabel dslnet-hrn ExaByte230-00 slot 1
amlabel: could not load slot "1": check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi

amanda.conf lines:
tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
changerfile "/etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/chg-scsi.conf"

chg-scsi.conf: (generated from chg-scsi -genconf)
number_configs 1 # Number of configs, you can have more than 1 emubarcode 0 # If you drive has no barcode reader this will try havebarcode 1 # Set this to 1 if you have an library with an installed
debuglevel       0:0 # For debuging, see the docs /docs/TAPE-CHANGER
eject 1 # set this to 1 if your drive needs an eject before move sleep 30 # How long to wait after an eject command before changerdev /dev/sg0 # This is the device to communicate with the robot
config             0 # This value is the one which is used in the amanda
drivenum 0 # Which tape drive to use if there are more than one drive dev /dev/nrst0 # Which is the raw device to read/write data from scsitapedev /dev/sg1 # This is the device to communicate with the tape
startuse          0  # Which is the first slot to use
enduse            31  # Which is the last slot to use
statfile /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/tape0-slot #
cleanfile /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/tape0-clean #
usagecount /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/tape0-totaltime #
tapestatus /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/tape0-tapestatus #
labelfile /etc/amanda/dslnet-hrn/labelfile #