Amanda-Users

Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)

2004-11-03 06:37:52
Subject: Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: James Marcinek <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:32:47 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 at 10:11pm, James Marcinek wrote

> Finally doing the backups. This is my first run and it's on a client. I'm
> having
> a problem backup up the / partition (/dev/hde5). Here's the line in the
> logfile:
>
> FAIL planner domino /dev/hde5 20041102 0 [disk /dev/hde5 offline on domino?]

What OS and OS version is the client, and what version of amanda?  Also,
as someone pointed out, it makes a lot more sense (especially with tar) to
use directory names rather than device names.

I vaguely recall some versions of amanda having issues with root
partitions on Linux.  So, if you're running Linux, make sure you're
running the most recent version of amanda.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering