Amanda-Users

RE: failure and strange dump summary -- disk offline

2004-10-29 13:37:46
Subject: RE: failure and strange dump summary -- disk offline
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Brian Tima <btima AT allcities DOT com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:33:27 -0500
--On Friday, October 29, 2004 12:06:07 -0500 Brian Tima <btima AT allcities DOT
com> wrote:

> I don't understand what you are asking by "All the ones relevant to
> /dev/sda3 ?"
>
> I've tried with DUMP and GNUTAR, currently configured to run gnutar.

Tar deals with filesystems, not devices, so you need to either use
dump on /dev/sda3 or use tar on the path where it it is mounted.

Even with tar on a device you should still get a tar image, it
just won't be what your expecting, so you still have a problem.
.

> are any switches needed in the "grep /dev/sda3" command ?
>

> I have cleared /tmp/amanda and running it now

Let us know what's in /tmp/amanda on the client when it's done.

Frank

Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673