Amanda-Users

Re: How do I run multiple parallel samba DLEs?

2004-10-28 19:44:52
Subject: Re: How do I run multiple parallel samba DLEs?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:42:34 +0200
Hi, Kevin,

on Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 at 01:21 you wrote to amanda-users:

KD> "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> writes:

>> PLEASE GET AWAY FROM USING LOCALHOST !!!

KD> Don't worry, change from localhost is on my list of things to change,
KD> but only after I have caught up on other issues.

What a relief ;-)

?

KD> I need to catch up on the
KD> backups before switching from localhost, since switching away from
KD> localhost requires level 0 backups everywhere.

Switch line by line ...

KD> I wasn't complete in my information.  After all of the Linux clients
KD> have finished, I still have only one active samba dumper, with (from
KD> amstatus):

KD> 3 dumpers idle  : client-constrained

KD> This is amanda-2.4.4p3, but the way.

Lookup the usage of the parameter maxdumps.

man amanda:

maxdumps int

  Default:  1.
  The maximum number of backups from a single host that Amanda will attempt to
run in parallel.

Increase this one and tell us the results.

--

best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger

mailto:monitor AT oops.co DOT at