Amanda-Users

How uses Amada a tapechanger?

2004-10-02 21:42:06
Subject: How uses Amada a tapechanger?
From: Thorsten Bremer <lists-read AT thoddi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 03:35:30 +0200
Hello,

until now I'm using a single DDS-3 DAT-streamer with Amanda and
everything works well. But it is annoying for me, to change the tape
every day. Sometime I'll forget this or I'm not at home. So it is
possible that a lot of backups are collecting on the holding disk.

I could buy a used "ADIC FastStor DLT 4000"-tapechanger (For 7
cartrigdes, each 20 GB native capacity). Is it possible to use this
tapechanger together with Amanda?

After reaging the docs I also didn't understand, HOW Amanda could use
a tapechanger: Is it possible, that I could say, that he should use 2
tapes per tape-run, to save 40 GB on 2 tapes?

Or is a tapechanger only 7 single tapes for Amanda? And the only
difference is, that a machine automatically change the tapes every day
(instead of me)?

--
Bis denne,                 <° ><
           Thoddi