Amanda-Users

Re: TAPE

2004-09-22 20:52:31
Subject: Re: TAPE
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Leandro" <llattan AT uyuyuy DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:48:48 -0400
On Wednesday 22 September 2004 17:03, Leandro wrote:
>My Sun Solaris 7 can use tapes without problems.
>I compile lastest amanda stable ok.
>
>I don´t know how install webmin-amanda module.
>Is there other GUI for Amanda ?

No. There has been mention of "I'm gonna write one" at about 90 day
intervals for years but no one has that I'm aware of.  Amanda's
design framework is done with the view that it should be a cron job,
running in the middle of the night unmolested, and you don't need a
gui for that.  It emails you any results it might generate, so you
pretty much know what amanda is doing.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: