Amanda-Users

Resetting the chunksize?

2004-09-09 17:22:54
Subject: Resetting the chunksize?
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:09:25 -0600
How do I find out what the INT_MAX or MAX_FILE_SIZE is on my system?
Previously my amanda backup setup was dumping 40GB files onto a Samba share on
a Windows 2000 workstation NTFS partition.  Recently amanda has been dumping
backups into 2GB chunks even though the configuration still reads to use the
size of INT_MAX/MAX_FILE_SIZE of the system.

I have tried to set the chunksize to 40GB (the size of the DLT4 tapes) but the
chunks are still only 2GB each.

Is it possible that recent changes to the samba configuration could have caused
this?