Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with includes, with workaround - is this a bug?

2004-09-09 14:43:06
Subject: Re: Problem with includes, with workaround - is this a bug?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Andreas Lund <floyd AT atc DOT no>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:40:20 -0400
* Andreas Lund <floyd AT atc DOT no> [20040909 14:31]:

> I set my DLE up like this to try and split a 430Gb area so it can fit on my
> 40Gb tapes, similar to what's described in Chapter 18 of the ALPHA docs, under
> "the size-question":
>
> archimedes.atc.no       home-a          /mnt/san0  {
>         high-pri-tar
>         include "./home/[a]*"
> }       3
>
> This appeared to pass OK with amadmin but amcheck would complain about "no
> includes" although the wildcard is valid and matches actual disk contents.
>
> I had to change it like this for things to work as expected:
>
> archimedes.atc.no       home-a          /mnt/san0/home  {
>         high-pri-tar
>         include "./[a]*"
> }       3
>
> This works for my particular situation but it looks to me like a serious
> problem with how includes are parsed.

from the amanda(1) man page:

      include [ list|file ][[optional][ append ][ "string" ]+]
              Default: file  ".".   There  is  two  include  list
              include file and include list.  With include file ,
              the string is a glob expression. With include  list
              ,  the string is a file name on the client contain-
              ing glob expression.

              All include expression are expanded by  amanda  and
              concatenated  in one file and passed to gnutar as a
              --files-from argument. They must  start  with  "./"
              and containing no other "/".

The last sentence explains your problem.

hth
jf