Amanda-Users

Re: amflush (all)

2004-09-04 00:05:42
Subject: Re: amflush (all)
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:59:10 -0400
On Friday 03 September 2004 23:20, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:04:33PM -0400, Joe Konecny wrote:
>> According to the docs, with amflush you can select "all" to flush
>> all dumps waiting in the holding area.  Does it prompt you for a
>> new tape after each dump or will it try to put it all the dumps
>> on one tape?
>
>Fits as much on a tape as possible, not necessarily
>all the DLE's from one dump consecutively (sp?).
>
>If runtapes parameter == 1, it will leave any DLE's
>that did not fit for the another flush.  If runtapes > 1
>it will use more than one tape as necessary.

The last time that situation came up here Jon, having runtapes > 1
didn't help.  Due to the lack of a working ioctl for rewind in amanda
or chg-scsi, it failed.  But thats nothing new.  Apparently I have
the only system in the world that from amanda-2.4.1 and RH6.2 through
FC2 and whatever the last amanda-2.4.4/5b/px is, and 3 mobo/cpu
replacements for where the drive lived, still cannot rewind a tape
with anything but mt.  Am I nuts?  Rhetorical, please don't anwser
that!

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: