Amanda-Users

Re: auto-responder hell here

2004-09-03 22:34:45
Subject: Re: auto-responder hell here
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I consider such crap as exactly that, crap, totally useless crap at
> that, usually brought about by someones overblown ego trying to
> convince the rest of the world how important they are and without
> them the world will stop.

"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."
  --  Napoleon Bonaparte

Or to put it differently, most of the morons who auto-reply to list
mail these days really aren't doing it intentionally.

The ones that annoy me enough I filter to /dev/null in procmail.
Sometimes I send a nasty-gram instead.  I rarely do both to the same
sender.

I guess I'm about to find out who today's brilliant 9 are...

-Mitch