Amanda-Users

Dump Time > Run Time ???

2004-07-23 11:16:07
Subject: Dump Time > Run Time ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:11:42 -0500
I am certain that this is a misunderstanding on my part ;>

How can Dump Time be *GREATER THAN* Run Time?

        STATISTICS:
                                  Total       Full      Daily
                                --------   --------   --------
        Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:17
        Run Time (hrs:min)         9:40
        Dump Time (hrs:min)       12:12      12:10       0:02

Clearly, this backup did *NOT* take anywhere near twelve (12) hours.
So, what is that Dump Time value?

What do you think?

P.S., Notice the Estimate Time (re: Speed up 400GB backup? thread).
This successful backup is for >65GB, across (17) DLE's, including a
Netware server over ncpfs, and a couple of windoze over samba.

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource