Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Backup

2004-07-21 09:00:43
Subject: Re: Amanda Backup
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:52:26 -0400
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:22:11AM -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain enlightened us:
> > Wanted to know about amanda tape viz to check what will be the next run
> > for a particular hostname, diskname.
> >
> > How do i check that
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'm sure your answers lie in
> 'man amadmin'.  It can tell what tape amanda wants next, what's on tape
> for each DLE, etc.

I think what he's asking for is a way to find out what level dump will be
done during the next run of amanda for a particular host/disk.

Unfortunately the answer is you can't. amadmin can tell you what level was
done on the last run (amadmin Config info host disk), and it can tell you
when the next level 0 is due (amadmin Config due host disk). So, you can
guess based on that information what the next run might be, however amanda
is free at any time to move a level 0 forward in time if it will help
balance the amount of dumps.

Hope that explains it...

Matt

--